Outpatient Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is based on the theory that learning processes play a critical role in the development of unhealthy patterns linked with mental health and substance abuse problems.
Generally speaking, CBT is used to help clients identify and correct problematic or destructive behaviors and evaluate and change unhelpful or self-defeating thought processes that are negatively influencing a client’s emotions or behaviors.
CBT consists of a collection of methods intended to enhance a person’s self-control. Specific techniques include
- Exploring the positive and negative consequences of self-defeating thinking or using drugs and alcohol,
- Self-monitoring to recognize drug cravings early on and to identify high-risk situations for use,
- Developing strategies for coping with and avoiding high-risk situations and the desire to use.
A central part of this treatment is anticipating likely problems and helping patients develop coping strategies to address them before they occur.
KeyStone Center offers the following CBT programs at our Brookhaven location:
- CBT for marijuana users
- Mindfulness-based CBT for opiate users
- Stress Management
RELAPSE PREVENTION THERAPY
Key Recovery’s Relapse Prevention Therapy is a Cognitive Behavioral Therapy group based on SAMHSA’s evidence-based practice guidelines for relapse prevention. Typically, this is a 12 week program, consisting of 60 to 90 minute sessions in an outpatient setting.
Goals of Relapse Prevention Group
- Develop coping skills to manage urges and craving
- Enhance self-control
- Allow clients to interact with other people in recovery
- Alert clients to the pitfalls of recovery, manage high risk situations and recognize precursors of relapse
- Give clients the strategies and tools to use in sustaining recovery
- Stay engaged in treatment even after a relapse
- Learn damage control techniques to minimize negative consequences during lapse
- Allow clients to benefit from participating in a long-term group experience
An Environment of Compassion
KeyStone Center provides treatment for addiction and co-occurring issues at our facility five miles south of Philadelphia International Airport in Delaware County, Pennsylvania. We provide addiction services to patients from all over the country.
We offer no-cost, confidential assessments 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you or a loved one are struggling with addiction, call us today at 610-876-9000.