Adolescent Outpatient Services
Teens will enter into lOP or an outpatient group based on their initial assessment. Teens are evaluated with a primary caregiver present to engage the family in the patients’ treatment and assist in collecting important information.
LENGTH AND STYLE OF TREATMENT
- Adolescent outpatient programs are typically based on an eight week module. Each week, the group will go over a new skill and stay with that skills for one week. Monday will be psycho-ed/ introduction to the skill and then the rest of the week will reinforce and process the new skills, tracking the teens use of each skill during the week.
- When the teens have completed a minimum of 8 weeks and passed any substance use tests, they may petition to step down (completing the form with the skills used) and discuss what they’ve learned in group.
- Problem solving
- Stages of change
- CBT: Relapse prevention and the ABCs of behavior
- Self-care- Positive psych
- Stress management
- Coping skills
- Psycho-education on substances
- Goal planning
- Impulse control
- Anger management
- Family systems
- Emotional regulation- “riding the wave” (DBT skills)
- Motivational skill building
- Interpersonal relationships
- Communications styles
- CBT- managing dysfunctional/ irrational thoughts
- Distress tolerance (DBT)
Problem Solving and Impulse Control skills for Substance Abuse for those with ADHD and lCD
- This is an integration of cognitive-behavioral therapy, Dialectical behavioral therapy, and family therapy. It is based on evidence-based practices that have proven effective working with adolescents with lCD and ADHD showing positive long-term lifestyle changes for participants
- Length and Style of Treatment
- 12-week program that includes weekly individual sessions and at least 3 family sessions
- It can be done at the OP level of care
Problem Solving and Impulse Control skills for Substance Abuse for those with ADHD and lCD is…
- Integrative Treatment.
- Strength based
- Focus on the present and future
- Carried into your home life
An Environment of Compassion
KeyStone Center provides treatment for addiction and co-occurring issues at our facility five miles south of Philadelphia International Airport in Delaware County, Pennsylvania. We provide addiction services to patients from all over the country.
We offer no-cost, confidential assessments 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you or a loved one are struggling with addiction, call us today at 610-876-9000.